Thursday, April 6, 2023

Fire with Fire by Destiny Soria

Book: Fire with Fire by Destiny Soria 

Rating: 5 stars 

Reviewer: James S. 


Fire with Fire is a fantasy novel about the life of two sisters that are dragon slayers. That is, until everything is turned upside down when the main character, Dani, forms a bond with a dragon named Nox and her sister, Eden, finds out. As Eden tries to kill the dragon, Dani and Nox must work together to survive. I really liked how Destiny Soria was able to convey the way that each action could impact everyone else in the world and the complex feelings between the sisters without focusing on them too much. I also think that she also did a great job with having Dani feel torn between helping the dragons or staying loyal to her family’s legacy. Even though there were many great aspects to this book I still had a few that I didn’t like. I didn’t like how the author sometimes jumped from time to time and makes some parts feel disjointed. I also didn’t like how she made the ending a cliff hanger yet didn’t make the novel into a series. Other than that I really enjoyed reading the book. I think that the book can be compared to the series Divergent where the main characters must choose between their family, or faction, or what they want to do. In the end I give Fire with Fire a 5 star rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment