Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Surviving the Dome by Kosoko Jackson

Book: Survive the Dome by Kosoko Jackson 

Rating: 3.5 stars 

Reviewer: James, grade 7



The main character, Jamal, goes to a protest in Maryland about racism but while at the protest he gets trapped under The Dome. The Dome is a heavily police enforced area. Under the dome Jamal meets Marco who  must help Jamal and everyone else escape. I really liked how Kosoko Jackson wrote the book in a very realistic way. I also liked how he made the book’s chapters end on a cliff-hanger making it very suspenseful. It also makes me want to read more of the book. I didn’t like that the author made the story violent in some places. I also didn’t like how Kosoko wrote the book in a sad theme. Finally, I didn’t like how the ending of the book was a cliff-hanger. I think that people who like realistic fiction will like this book. I also think that people who enjoy reading books about real life matters like racism will like this. Finally, I think that readers that enjoy reading books like The Book Thief will like to read this book because both of the books are realistic fiction and they have very similar plots. In the end I give this book a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment