Thursday, July 21, 2022

Ship of Smoke and Steel by Django Wexler

Book: Ship of Smoke and Steel by Django Wexler (The Wells of Sorcery, Book 1)

Rating: 4.5 stars 

Reviewer: James, grade 7



Ship of Smoke and Steel follows Isoka Deepwalker, the protagonist, as she must capture a ghost ship. Isoka is able to draw power from a well of magic called Melos. This book is a part of a series and is the first book. I really liked how Django wrote his book so that it was incredibly descriptive. I also liked how he wrote the book so that the dialogue was realistic. Also I liked that Django wrote his book with a lot of action. He also made the main characters very complex and realistic. Even though there were a lot of things I liked about the book I still don’t like a few things. One such thing is that the book did not end when the story ended. I also didn’t like how Django only talked about a few characters very little in the very beginning of the book. I think that people who enjoy reading fantasy, magic, and action filled books will enjoy Ship of Smoke and Steel. I also think that people who enjoyed the Skullduggery Pleasant series will enjoy this book because both books are filed with the protagonist learning how to use their magical abilities. These books also are filled with action and fantastical creatures. In the end I give Ship of Smoke and Steel 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment