Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Hollow Boy by Jonathan Stroud

Book: The Hollow Boy

Rating: 5 stars 

Review Writer: James S.


In Jonathan Stroud’s novel The Hollow Boy, the Lockwood & Co. ghost hunting agency take a case from Ms. Wintergarden who recommends the agency to DEPRAC for the Chelsea ghost Outbreak. One thing I liked about The Hollow boy is the continued atmosphere of mystery and surprise. I also like how Stroud adds in Holly Munro, the new office assistant, into the group seamlessly and makes sure to show the reactions of everyone. I also like how Stroud made sure that Lucy’s character began to develop and learn about her Talent. One thing I don’t like is that Lucy is overly untrusting of Holly even though Holly tries to be as nice as possible. I also don’t like how they say that Poltergeists are invisible while in past books they were only described as a faint shape that can barely be seen. Another thing I didn’t like was how Stroud ended the book on a cliffhanger. In the end, I give The Hollow Boy 5 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment