Friday, August 12, 2022

City of Stone and Silence by Django Wexler

Book: City of Stone and Silence by Django Wexler (The Wells of Sorcery, Book 2)

Reviewer: James, Grade 7

Rating: 4.5 Stars 



In the book City of Stone and Silence the main character, Isoka Deepwalker, is stranded on a strange island made of eddica energy. Isoka must find a way get of the island. She has to defeat the Prime Eddicant. This book part of a trilogy. It is the second installment. I truly enjoyed when Django wrote his book so that it was filled with action and suspense. I also liked how he made it so that the book had a lot of different and unique characters. Once again, I truly loved how the author made the first book’s ending fit in with the second book’s beginning. Even though there were a few things about this book that I liked, I still have a few suggestions. I think that the author should clarify what is happening in different areas so that the reader can understand the story better. I also think that the author should have added in more detailed explanations for certain characters and places. I wish that the author had also described the areas importance or a characters importance to a certain character. Doing this would have made the book a bit better to read. But, in the end I think that this was a great book. It would be enjoyed by readers who enjoy book’s that are similar to Skullduggery Pleasant and Harry Potter Because both are magical books about kids who use magic in a fantastical world. I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment