Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Sadie by Courtney Summers

Sadie by Courtney Summers

Reviewer: Mikayla P.
Stars: 4 stars

Image result for sadie courtney summers

Sadie is the enthralling story of teenager Sadie as she goes on a search to find her younger sister’s murderer. Mattie was Sadie’s world; every time their mom, wasted or high, disappeared to see another guy, Sadie picked up where their mom should have been. When Mattie disappeared one night and her body was found days later, Sadie’s world collapsed around her. Sadie switches points of view between Sadie herself, on the run and looking to avenge her sister, and “Girls,” a podcast that follows girls that have disappeared, as they track Sadie’s story later on. I read the novel, and though it took me a little bit to get used to the podcast as a written transcript, I was swept up enough in the story that I quickly forgot about it. I, myself, didn’t listen to the audiobook but one of my friends did and she told me that it’s one of the best she’s ever listened to. It includes a full cast of voice actors for everyone interviewed on “Girls” and makes it feel like you’re listening to a real podcast. While the story took a bit to pick up speed, once it did I couldn’t put it down. It was hauntingly real with, as stated on the Goodreads description of the book, “...an ending you won't be able to stop talking about.”

No comments:

Post a Comment